Sunday, January 20, 2013

Weekending






Snowy. Rainy. Icy. Sunny. Cloudy.
One thing remained the same... the need to pack up this little home of ours.

Friday was busy inside with packing.
Then working on a sweet little project (I will share in the spring) before my machine gets nestled away into the trailer. Oh... to finally find a perfect project for that cheery vintage fabric I have had in my stash for almost a decade!

Saturday lots of the "non-essential" things were moved out to the trailer.
More decisions were made about just what are "non-essentials" at this point.

A family break to Starbucks was in order. Fuel and sanity.
Realizing little man coming down with a case of the sniffles.

Snowy discovery walk in the yard.
Ice and snow hearts found.

The art papers, hole punch, tape, and glue were spread out all over the living room floor for some family travel journal making.
Thoughts were put to the great many things that could go into those journals. My little lady is very fond of those very colorful brochures found in every hotel lobby.

Thoughts were also shared of a few fears. Although we have log countless hours on the road traveling with these kiddos some new fears about such a long trip have come up... like being left behind as a gas station. Lots of reassurance needed, especially for the little man.

Today is much of the same...

Have a wonderful Sunday.

~~~

Friends have been asking about tips for both packing and traveling with kiddos. Three wonderful ladies I know have big moves coming up soon. So I have snuck a few moments to write down some tips... I will share them in a few posts next week.

6 comments:

  1. The sniffles appeared in our home this weekend too. Lucky for me all day yesterday as he wiped his nose with the back of his hand, he kept saying "I'm okay mom"...and today he seems in good spirits.

    Looking forward to the tips :)

    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little guy was the same. He said, "Mom, I feel great from my chin down!" ;-)
      Hope he is all better soon!

      Delete
  2. That second picture is so stunning! You'll still see that in NM. :) Looking forward to those tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always loved those brochures from hotel lobbies too! cannot wait to see your travel journal and all the good bits and memories that fill it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be great for her to have a journal for those bruchures. They seem to pile up then get tossed.

      Delete