Thursday, March 14, 2013

Make & Listen Along: Egg Tower with Nataly Dawn


~ On Thursdays I will post what I have been making and listening to as creations grow. 
If so inclined post, on your blog or flickr, about what you have been making (on your own or with little hands by your side) and listening to while you create. It can be new music, flash backs, a song or a whole album... whatever you like. You can be stitching with needle & thread, yarn, paper crafting, painting, cooking... and beyond. Share what you are making and the tunes that are fueling your creativity. Then come back to my Thursday Make & Listen Along post and leave a link in the comments so we can be inspired right along with you! ~


The Making

I don't typically post about food. First of all, I don't usually make any spectacular dishes that are worthy of photos and words. Second, I bow down to those folks out there who take great shots of food. I can't seem to manage on a regular basis and it is nearly impossible for me to push publish without photos that make me happy. 

I just knew this dish was going to be yummy and really wanted to share. So I took my plate outside and snapped a few shots of the Veggie & Egg Tower of Power dinner style. I promise I did not make the family wait, but they did because they love me.








I have been in love with this blog since Sherrie lead me to it. Sarah B is an amazing cook with seemingly endless knowledge about food and what it does for our bodies.
This dish is packed full of goodness. I used what I had on hand substituting massaged kale for spinach, regular tomato for cherry, and added the avocado. At the end of that huge plate of food I was wishing I had more. So yummy!

The Listening

While I was caramelizing onions and giving my forearms a workout massaging that kale I was humming along to Nataly Dawn's album How I knew Her. This album was just release in February and it has been on my play list for a few weeks. This is one of those albums that took a little time to grow on me. The themes of the songs are a bit on the weighty side for the most part, but she carries them along with pretty upbeat folksy melodies, which I like very much. This short article is a good read if you want to know a bit more about her. I love learning about the people behind the music.

What have you been making? What is on your play list?
Please do share!

9 comments:

  1. yesterday i made cupcakes and listened to imagine dragons. :)

    yours looks MUCH healthier.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Well. I know a little girl who would much rather hand at your house with the cupcakes... and you of course! I am sure she would even organize something for you while she was there. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, that looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make it Kim. It was so very good. I am holding back on making it again this week. I want to but I have a habit of burning us out on food I love! Must resist.

      Delete
  3. that looks amazing! i think we'll have to give that a try one morning.

    i'm joining you today:
    http://www.thehabitofbeing.com/journal/?p=7178

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you joined in Amanda!
      Let me know what you think if you make it.

      Delete
  4. making: peanut butter cups and a somewhat similar dish (similar to yours above, not to pb cups) involving brown rice, mung beans, avocado, spinach, carrots, a fried egg, and homemade smoked serrano hot sauce.

    listening to: Sarah Vaughn and the Alabama Shakes pandora station.

    *found my way over from the habit of being*
    cheers from nc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over to say hi Amanda!
      Your makings sound delish. Homemade hot sauce would be a welcome addition to my kitchen makings. My husband loves hot sauce!
      Your PB cups look great too. Thinking I will try with almond butter.
      Listenings are now on the list!

      Delete
  5. right now, i am making tea. trying to decide if i want to make it hot or cold. listening to Frank Sinatra.

    ReplyDelete