Saturday, April 6, 2013

Lovin'


Spring blossoms


Meeting up with home schoolers at the park

Paleo Coconut Milk Coffee Creamer. Made it twice. Officially love! Thank you Angie!


Sending mail


Excitement of first baseball practice 

Kindred. The layout Amanda did for the apron pattern is simply wonderful!

That you can still order your own copy of Kindred here

Patricia's fourth installment in her series: Becoming a Writing Mentor to Your Child



Vol. 12 of Alphabet Glue - We have already started a few of the awesome projects including what will hopefully become incredible inflatable eggs!

A book of baby animals in the works


Math that looks like a game

A little lady running around bare foot in the dirt


Bird watching. Red-winged black birds new on the scene this week!



These little purple flowers ~ anyone know what they are called?


Windows and doors open!

Sun hats 

Sun tea - What tea is your favorite tea for making sun tea?


What have you been lovin' lately?


14 comments:

  1. I've seen that coffee creamer around, and everyone swears that it is good. And yet, when I think about putting raw eggs into my coffee, I shudder somewhere deep in my soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I thought the same thing when I first saw the recipe. I just tell myself that once they hit the hot coffee they cook! Yes, that does it!

      Delete
  2. Grape hyacinths. Aren't they a little joy! I just got Kindred in the post yesterday. Looking forward to spending some time with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! They are so super cute. What a little treat in the yard!
      You are going to Love Kindred! So much goodness in there!

      Delete
  3. i am so looking forward to trying out the inflatable eggs. I love that blossom picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the red winged black birds have returned here too, love the male call, just beautiful.

    Got my copy of Kindred yesterday, love it. And I agree the layout for your apron is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their song is so wonderful!
      Isn't the layout just perfect. Love.

      Delete
  5. I see Jennifer already chimed in - I love grape hyacinths, such sweet little bursts of colour in spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sweet and perfect little intro to spring! A new spring favorite!

      Delete
  6. They are also called muscari. I never saw them until we got married and the florist snuck a few into the arrangements and then we moved to the Northwest where they grew wild on the hill behind our house. I love them and was thrilled to be back in a place with enough of a chill to grow them this year..ours are starting to make an appearance right now, too. They are easy to also force and grow inside in little containers.

    Isn't it nice to see such lovely signs of spring popping up. The DC cherry bossoms have been delayed this year but are finally making their famous appearance.

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they would be so pretty in an arrangement. Good to know they keep and can be forced. Would love to have some inside!
      I hope you take some pics of those blossoms! That would be a sight to see!

      Delete
  7. It's the root children! That was a very favorite book around here with each kid.

    I planted grape hyacinths in our backyard years ago, and they come back every year. I love their color so much.

    Thank you for linking to my post, Dawn. So glad that it's helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the last of my root children post cards! Need to figure out where I got them. Love!
      One thing that is fun about moving into a new house is figuring out all of the surprises that pop up in spring!
      Any time. You write such wonderful and informative and inspiring posts!

      Delete