Thursday, June 27, 2013

Make & Listen Along: Mom's Art Dolls

~ On Thursdays I will post what I have been making and listening to as creations grow. 
If so inclined post, on your blog or flickr, about what you have been making (on your own or with little hands by your side) and listening to while you create. It can be new music, flash backs, a song or a whole album... whatever you like. You can be stitching with needle & thread, yarn, paper crafting, painting, cooking... and beyond. Share what you are making and the tunes that are fueling your creativity. Then come back to my Thursday Make & Listen Along post and leave a link in the comments so we can be inspired right along with you! ~


I have been doing a bit of sharing from my Mom's world this week so I thought is would be great to share her creations today for the Make and Listen Along.

Along with quilting, fabric art, and lots of other things she makes art dolls of all shapes and sizes with many different mediums and techniques. She uses cloth, clay, paper clay, felt, beads, found items, and so much more to transform ordinary things into extraordinary works of art. Here is a little sample of some of her amazing creations...

















She sells her dolls locally and we are scheming up ways for me to help her with an online shop. We will see... I would love to see her get her art out to a wider audience. 

While visiting I listened to the Rockies play while the little man was happy to watch the game with his Grandpa and I was pouring over the many crafty books I found in my Mom's studio

On the trip we spent some time with Sarah (surprise) and these guys, a new discovery for my girl. Oh, and these ladies, my girl has loved them since she was tiny! Gee... who had control of the iPad on this trip?

What have you been making?
What is on your play list?
Please do share!




13 comments:

  1. Oh these are fabulous!! I love the steampunk gears and such, those are my favorite bits. I have been slowly going through the process of trying to open an Etsy shop and think I'll be ready in July. By far shipping was the hardest thing for me to figure out (I'm still figuring it out) and that's probably going to be the hardest bit with these gorgeous creations--how to ship them safely. I was lucky that the local art school offers an (inexpensive, too!) Etsy workshop--good to get help from others!

    I haven't been making anything that's worth posting about, unfortunately. Not this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The shipping will be the thing to solve! We have talked about that.
      I can't wait to see how your Etsy shop comes together!
      Oh... and I love the steampunk she adds too. So neat!
      You have been cleaning out. I am sure that will create physical and mental space for making in the near future.

      Delete
  2. What art!
    I'm sorry I have been missing from these posts. Life has been ridiculously busy and I can't wait for things to slow down again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable Alex! Looking forward to when you can join in again!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! I love the detail and whimsy.. the owl is my absolute favorite!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the owl great! One of my favs too and my little man as well.
      Thanks for stopping by Susan!

      Delete
  4. Wow, so lovely!

    Joining you this week :)

    http://www.motheringwithmindfulness.com/2013/06/make-and-listen_27.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in this week Kim!
      Now I want a hammock more than ever!

      Delete
  5. I like how the dolls have personality through what they wear-incredible talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - these are incredible. I agree with Karen - they all have personality :)

    Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dolls are awesome! I do hope ya'll are able to set up an online store, I think it would be a huge hit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! How inspiring! It amazes me how one can take so many unrelated items and make them into something so cohesive and beautiful. I must say, the steampunk does indeed rock. Thanks for sharing how fabulous your mother is!
    As for me, I am playing catch-up as you can see :) and still working on mending and organizing. It feels so cleansing to the soul!

    ReplyDelete