Thursday, October 24, 2013

Make & Listen Along

~ On Thursdays I will post what I have been making and listening to as creations grow. 
If so inclined post, on your blog or flickr, about what you have been making (on your own or with little hands by your side) and listening to while you create. It can be new music, flash backs, a song or a whole album... whatever you like. You can be stitching with needle & thread, yarn, paper crafting, painting, cooking... and beyond. Share what you are making and the tunes that are fueling your creativity. Then come back to my Thursday Make & Listen Along post and leave a link in the comments so we can be inspired right along with you! ~


All kinds a projects going on here this week. Here are a few:

There has been a lot of progress made on the leg warmer, which I am excited about. But notice the singular - one more to go after this one! They take a bit longer than mittens, so I am thinking next time I knit something that is a "set" it is going to be small.

 

We have been making up our nature exchange box! So fun!


At the river we also found some great tracks and made a very neat raccoon track cast. It was in very soggy mud so we had to wait extra long to gather it up, but it was worth the wait. For those of you wondering about making these in snow, I would say you may need to extend the wait time to take into account the extra damp conditions.


We have had a super dry spell and all of the drawings and experiments done with sidewalk chalk have stuck around. That has been fun.


I have also been working away on making matches for the nature exchange, while Annie works on the techie end of another exceptionally cool project we have in the works - which we are hoping to share on next week. 

It has been reactively quite around here, with a bit of the Civil Wars and some Elizabeth Mitchell in the mix. I have another audio book on hold at the library, but have not checked it out yet. It is about hoarding! Hum. Maybe I am avoiding?

Your turn.
Please share what you have been making and the tunes on your playlist. And don't forget to leave a link to your post if you played along so others can visit your Make and Listen posts!

9 comments:

  1. lots going on at your house! i'm sure your nature exchange will be fun and full of wonderful treasures :)

    a wee bit of making on my end: http://www.thehabitofbeing.com/journal/?p=7967

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots going on! We have started collecting for the Nature Exchange too, I don't know which of us is more excited!

    Here is our making & listening today: http://stitchandpurl.wordpress.com/2013/10/24/making-listening-10/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally managed to join along! I have to say I love the look of those leg warmers and that's another of a plethora of patterns just waiting for me. The boys have been enjoying collecting for the nature exchange and it's been perfect fall weather for it as well.

    I love the print casts you share. They look so fun I really have to try this at some point with the boys. Hmmm...maybe we will put Gypsy's paws in some sand and then cast that. Haha, just not the same as going on a search and find and the boys are loving that so much these days! ;)

    http://theshards.ca/2013/10/make-and-listen/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be awesome to cast her paw. That would make an awesome ornament to hang!
      FUn!

      Delete
  4. I've been working on some halloween costumes. We have a party to go to and well handmade is the funnest way to go. S has been learning to embroider. All her idea. Kind of awesome. My mom just left so now I'm wandering around trying figure out how to do it all on my own every day again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your legwarmers are going to be gorgeous! love those needles too

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful leg warmers and the yarn looks delightful to knit up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Legwarmers are so fun and I love that raccoon track cast!
    I am late but I posted! http://lifeonacanadianisland.blogspot.ca/2013/10/make-listen-number-twenty-seven.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to all of your who joined in again this week.
    And I am happy to see some of you are discovering each other by following the links here. That makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete