Thursday, July 11, 2013

Make & Listen Along

~ On Thursdays I will post what I have been making and listening to as creations grow. 
If so inclined post, on your blog or flickr, about what you have been making (on your own or with little hands by your side) and listening to while you create. It can be new music, flash backs, a song or a whole album... whatever you like. You can be stitching with needle & thread, yarn, paper crafting, painting, cooking... and beyond. Share what you are making and the tunes that are fueling your creativity. Then come back to my Thursday Make & Listen Along post and leave a link in the comments so we can be inspired right along with you! ~





While much of the making around here has consisted of water play making us cool, books making us a bit more knowledgeable and entertained, games doing much the same, and some projects a can't share just yet... there have been a few stolen moments at the sewing machine.

I have been making some new cases using the pattern I put together for this recent issue of Kindred (if you don't have your very own copy yet there are a few still available.) Adding a little flare of embroidery to these has been fun and something I can do in the Jeep... when I am not the driver of course! 

We are heading out for a little road trip this weekend and I am going to be taking along a few new fabrics to play with as we travel down the road. 

I am sure I will also be hearing some selected titles from this singer in the background as the girl has recently discovered her and is lovin' the beat. 

What have you been making?
What is on your play list?
Please do share!

18 comments:

  1. I am joining in today! I hope you have a wonderful trip this weekend filled with fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of making an apron for myself for everyday, watching my kiddos meld into our new home and make all sorts of things and planning our creative lab space (unfortunately it has no air conditioning which makes the planning tricky!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... our little studio space at the back of the house gets really hot too. Hard! A window for an AC unit maybe?
      An apron for a project journal? ;-)

      Delete
  3. I love the embroidery you have added! I was looking at the images and wondering where you had found such material as it is to lovely and detailed. What a great idea to add your own special touch!

    Today, I will share what we are up to as well:

    http://theshards.ca/2013/07/starting-out-slow-today/

    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to have the fabric selection I do down here... much better than in NS :-(
      You want me to send you a little fabric sampler? That would be fun!
      Thanks for joining in today!

      Delete
  4. love, love, love the fabric you've embroidered. you are so creative and talented!

    my making and listening is here:
    http://www.thehabitofbeing.com/journal/?p=7646

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Thanks Amanda! You are too sweet!
      Love. Love. Your knitted gift. A lucky little girl and does not even know it yet!

      Delete
  5. I love your fabric and the embroidery you are adding! Can't wait to see more.
    I posted today:
    http://lifeonacanadianisland.blogspot.ca/2013/07/make-listen-number-fourteen-doodle-day.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. Hopefully these will be ready to share next week!
      Love your post! Thanks for joining in again this week!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous fabric! And I've been embroidering lately, too....feels more "summery" than knitting. xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I have set my knitting aside for now... although seeing some very pretty knits this week has me thinking :-)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful fabric! Enjoy your weekend road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the embellishments! I've so wanted to try this! I will have to do it now. We are off on a road trip as well. From France to Italy. Eight hours from our house to my in-laws house.

    I've been making so many night gowns...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. It is great fun!
      Have a great trip! So wonderful to be a days drive away from them!
      Yay for night gowns!

      Delete
  9. I love your little stitches! I always take something to work on during car trips (my husband is getting a bit annoyed with me I think!) :)
    Playing along today again
    http://stitchandpurl.wordpress.com/2013/07/11/making-listening-5/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I have always had something with me on our many road trips. He is used to it after all these years. Once I even gave myself a crochet injury during a long trip. Silly!
      Thanks for joining in again this week!

      Delete