Friday, July 12, 2013

Wandering the Xeriscape Garden

The other day the kids participated in a program at our local nature center. This gave me a window of three hours all to myself... a rare jewel of time not to be squandered on silly things such as housecleaning and errands. 

I decided to stay close by and plant myself under the gazebo in the demonstration xeriscape garden nearby. It was lovely to read, write and wander the paths, unhurried by the excitement of little ones running on to the next exciting find up the path. 


















I will have this block of time once a week for the next five weeks... 

I think I will spend it in just the very same way.

What would you do with 3 hours all to your very own self?

P.S. We are off on our short weekend road trip... catch up on the other side!



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to spend your time! I have to admit when I have a bit of time to myself I get a little discombobulated. So much I want to do and deciding is tough. But right now it's a combo of knitting, sewing and reading. Yesterday I got some time in our garden on my own. Very nice to feel so connected.

    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Tam! Funny. And it seems to go by faster than any other time in the day.

      Delete
  2. I think you have many three hours in the future well spent. The photos are incredible! When I've got blocks of time by myself I like to read, journal, and chill out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun questions! I would take photos of those cacti...and then write some...and wander...and maybe even take a nap on a big blanket spread in the grass, eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... a nap would have been nice on this day too!
      We are on the same page!

      Delete